The Senior Software Developer will be is leading the development and maintenance of custom specialised software, including for web and mobile platforms used by this university.
Skills and experience required:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or similar subject (Software Engineering etc) plus substantial experience in software development; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- Experience in working in a large complex and dynamic service oriented research intensive environment.
- Root cause problem analysis expertise and proven fault finding experience in a heterogeneous environment.
- Excellent communication skills together with the demonstrated ability in liaising effectively with people at all levels.
- Excellent scripting skills (bash, Windows PowerShell, etc).
- Experience with web server (Apache, Tomcat) and database technologies (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL).
- Demonstrated experience in using version control systems, inparticular git
- Continuous Integration testing.
- Experience with deploying and administering different operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (VMware, OpenStack/CloudStack).
- Experience with identity (AD) and configuration management (Puppet).
- Experience with application support and system integration.
- An attention to detail and an aptitude for self-learning.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Fatema Galabhai at Clicks IT Recruitment on 0408 773 543.