This exciting new role sits within a highly diverse Engineerng 'Centre of Excellence' that provides technical expertise to a wide range of technology projects in Australia, the UK and the USA.
You will be given the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies as well as a wide range of projects and will be part of a happy and cohesive team that has scored consistently high empliyee-feedback scores.
As part of the Engineering Team, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of software for various transport-related systems and related technologies.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle including specification, estimation, design, implementation, integration, test, customer acceptance, deployment and working with systems analysts for defect investigation.
- Back end software development of distributed systems
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders to identify and analyse new requirements arising from change requests.
- Work with systems analysts in problem investigation, analysis, solution determination and associated task estimation.
- Work collaboratively on requirements, design, implementation, review, test and acceptance following all designated standards and development guidelines.
- Analyze available frameworks and technical solutions and make justified recommendations to the Engineering Team
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior engineers and other members of the Engineering Team
- Consistently deliver on work, budget and schedule commitments. Monitors project status and progress.
- Consults with hardware engineers to evaluate hardware/software interfaces and optional performance requirements.
- Develop technical proposals with estimation and assist in writing new business proposals.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of software engineering development experience (Java)
- Excellent experience with Java and Oracle Database development (PL/SQL).
- Strong experience with Windows and Unix-based operating systems
- Strong experience of designing and building distributed back end systems involving large databases.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers, and technical and non-technical persons.
- Ability to solve complex problems and design and develop distributed back end systems.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. Sound time management skills.
- Experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems. (Highly desirable)
- Experience with Automatic Fare Collection systems. (Highly desirable)
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot. (Highly desirable)
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above then please 'Apply Now' for a confidential discussion around the role and the next steps in the process