As part of a highly talented team, you will define, specify and document systems solutions for a number of exciting new and on-going projects.
Learning, understanding and providing assistance for technical matters relating to new and existing systems is key to this position and you will also be required to provide engineering support to development, operations teams and take ownership of engineering issues.
- To provide engineering leadership for new or ongoing projects
- To provide internal consultancy and be the technical reference point on project and technical related matters
- To provide technical advice, analysis and troubleshooting for issue investigation and correction approaches
- To maintain good relationships with Company staff, Customer representatives and other stakeholders
- To take the lead on technical presentations, discussions and workshops with the customer
- To maintain and review engineering and technical documents and work products
- To liaise with customers on project requirements and requested variations
- To analyse and capture user requirements using requirements management tools
- To assist in the production of Solution Architecture and System Architecture documents
- To elaborate system and sub-system requirements and develop functional specifications
- To develop systems solutions based on functional specifications and system requirements
- To ensure project, development, and test teams are remain properly appraised of requirements and system solutions
- To assist with the integration of solutions both internal teams and external vendors.
- To work directly with Software and Test Engineers in order to deliver and develop solutions.
- To ensure that solutions comply with appropriate standards and legislation
- Degree in system, software or electrical engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Post graduate study in Systems Engineering or related area (desirable)
- Project Management certification (desirable)
5 - 7 years experience working in a software driven technology environment, preferably with AFC experience
- 5+ years experience at a team level in development or technology integration across complex technology solutions.
- 3+ years experience in dealing at customer interface level
- Formal Systems Engineering Experience
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles using both Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Familiarity with expressing system designs using UML or other modelling language.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug technical issues.
- Experience of working in a formal project structure following ISO 9001 processes
- Project experience with software development projects.
- Solid SQL, data management and relational database skills.
- Data modeling and system design using formal notations
- Experience in dealing at customer interface level
- Project co-ordination experience
- Human factors knowledge and familiarity with HMI considerations
- Knowledge of embedded devices and technology, and engineered IT system solutions.
- Ticketing and automated fare collection, or similar applications involving large networks of unattended/passenger-operated devices
- Familiarity with a variety of operating systems such as windows, linux, etc.
- Worked with NFC, contactless smartcards, credit card personalization bureaus, payment systems and retail networks
- Familiar with standards such as ISO 27001, PCI
This is a fantastic opportunity with a forward thinking, technology-driven client and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a range of interesting and exciting projects that will be rolled out internaitonally.
Start in December 2019 / Jan 2020.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.