A NSW Government Department are looking for a Service Designer to join them on a contract basis until the EOFY 2021. This is working on a really rewarding project that will help everyone in NSW.
The Service Designer is responsible for driving the design of innovative experiences that meet the objectives and goals. The successful candidate brings a deep understanding of design thinking with core strengths and experience in user research, interaction design and information architecture. This role is an important part of the team and works closely with NSW Government partner agencies and various stakeholders to design and deliver new products and services.
- Facilitate behavioural in-context and empathy driven research and participatory design/user testing sessions; manage client involvement in research.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience for our clients (based on user research, heuristics and best practice); develop visually compelling frameworks to communicate opportunities to senior clients.
- Drive preparation and facilitation of large client workshops to communicate key themes from stakeholder interviews and inception workshops; work with the team to achieve alignment on key success factors.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define key aspects of a proposed user experience, it's evolution across a multi-channel digital ecosystem, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Develop high quality deliverables based on the design thinking methodology.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation and organisation design (e.g. concept models).
- Develop sitemaps, process/screen flows, and wireframes; present deliverables to senior clients.
- Assess existing properties/sites for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Define best practices and standards related to persona development/behavioural segmentation.
- Develop user journey maps derived from personas/behavioural segments; ensure that scenarios respond to key user needs and highlight business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Agile delivery teams to ensure best product outcomes for users. Guide developers and testers throughout delivery.
Deep understanding of design thinking principals and experience working with agile methodologies.
Portfolio of work that includes samples from all areas of service design (customer journey maps, wireframes, prototypes etc.)
Highly organised with strong attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written communication
Skilled at building trust quickly
Ability to communicate honestly, openly and focussed on exceeding client expectations
Passionate about digital and the possibilities it brings for clients
Ability to thrive in an agile environment and multi task
Aptitude for smart thinking
A high level of personal presentation
Able to work well independently with clients, as a project lead or as an individual team member
Degree required in design related discipline
5+ years of professional experience in user experience design or related field. Basic business analyst and consulting skill, including engaging business clients and capturing requirements, identifying gaps and collecting information.
Considerable experience in a large and complex government of commercial environment that deliver enterprise scale systems with high availability that supporting business critical services.
Ability to work under high pressure and tight time-frames. Be flexible to sometimes work outside business hours to deliver business functionalities
This is an amazing opportunity to really make a difference, so please hit 'Apply Now' or call Aimee on 02 9200 4449 for more information.