A large government department is urgently seeking an experienced Service Design specialist to join them on an exciting new program which will change the way the public interacts with the NSW State Government. Using qualitative research and a design thinking approach which is customer-led and iterative, facilitating collaboration with other NSW government agencies, non-government organisations and private section to co-design with citizens public services and products that are smart, simple and seamless. Expected outcomes of the program are;
- Better services for the people of NSW
- Better ways to prioritise projects
- Collaborative government
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Service Designer is responsible for driving the design of innovative experiences that meet NSW Government and our Agency's objectives and goals. The Service Designer brings a deep understanding of design thinking with core strengths and experience in user research, interaction design and information architecture.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define key aspects of a proposed user experience, it's evolution across a multi-channel digital ecosystem, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation and organisation design (e.g. concept models).
- Develop sitemaps, process/screen flows, and wireframes; present deliverable's to senior clients.
- Assess existing properties/sites for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Facilitate participatory design/user testing sessions, as well as behavioural in-context and empathy driven research; manage client involvement in research.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience for our clients (based on user research, heuristics and best practice); develop visually compelling frameworks to communicate opportunities to senior clients.
- Drive preparation and facilitation of large client workshops to communicate key themes from stakeholder interviews and inception workshops; work with the team to achieve alignment on key success factors.
- Develop user journey maps derived from personas/behavioural segments; ensure that scenarios respond to key user needs and highlight business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Agile delivery teams to ensure best product outcomes for users. Guide developers and testers throughout delivery.
- Deep understanding of design thinking principals and experience working with agile methodologies.
- Portfolio of work that includes samples from all areas of service design (customer journey maps, wireframes, prototypes etc.)
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Passionate about digital and the possibilities it brings for clients
- Able to work well independently with clients, as a project lead or as an individual team member
- Degree required in design related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in user experience design or related field. Basic business analyst and consulting skill, including engaging business clients and capturing requirements, identifying gaps and collecting information.
- Considerable experience in a large and complex government of commercial environment that deliver enterprise scale systems with high availability that supporting business critical services.
If you feel you could thrive in this exciting position and are able to bring fresh new ideas to the ole please apply within hesitation following the link or contact Tom Goater at Clicks IT.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Goater at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4441.