A government organisation is looking for a Service Designer to do the user experience design. This is a 4-month contract and it is based in Sydney CBD.
The role is responsible for driving the design of innovative experiences that meet NSW Government and their Agency's objectives and goals.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define key aspects of a proposed user experience, it's evolution across a multi-channel digital ecosystem, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Develop high quality deliverables based on the design thinking methodology.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation and organisation design (e.g. concept models).
- Develop sitemaps, process/screen flows, and wireframes; present deliverables to senior clients.
- Assess existing properties/sites for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Facilitate participatory design/user testing sessions, as well as behavioural in-context and empathy driven research; manage client involvement in research.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience for our clients (based on user research, heuristics and best practice); develop visually compelling frameworks to communicate opportunities to senior clients.
- Drive preparation and facilitation of large client workshops to communicate key themes from stakeholder interviews and inception workshops; work with the team to achieve alignment on key success factors.
- Define best practices and standards related to persona development/behavioural segmentation.
- Develop user journey maps derived from personas/behavioural segments; ensure that scenarios respond to key user needs and highlight business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Agile delivery teams to ensure best product outcomes for users. Guide developers and testers throughout delivery.
- 5+ years of professional experience in user experience design or related field. Basic business analyst and consulting skill, including engaging business clients and capturing requirements, identifying gaps and collecting information.
- Deep understanding of design thinking principals and experience working with agile methodologies.
- Portfolio of work that includes samples from all areas of service design (customer journey maps, wireframes, prototypes etc.)
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Skilled at building trust quickly
- Ability to communicate honestly, openly and focussed on exceeding client expectations
- Passionate about digital and the possibilities it brings for clients
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and multi task
- Aptitude for smart thinking
- A high level of personal presentation
- Able to work well independently with clients, as a project lead or as an individual team member
- Degree required in design related discipline
- Considerable experience in a large and complex government or commercial environment that deliver enterprise scale systems with high availability that supporting business critical services.
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight time-frames. Be flexible to sometimes work outside business hours to deliver business functionalities.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Freda Kwok at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4404.