To meet Modis's continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for a Service now Developer to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. The role includes hands-on development required to be able to work closely with solution designers, application architects, project managers, various technical teams and the business stakeholders to translate business requirements into working, high-quality development packages.
- Responsible for developing and if required, configuring ServiceNow modules.
- Work closely with IT and Business teams to develop and enhance ServiceNow capabilities.
- Includes UI, Workflow and Application development activities, enhancements, break-fix and new modules.
- Develop ServiceNow customisations including, but not limited to: Client Scripts, UI policies, UI Actions, Script Includes, Business Rules, workflow administration, report setup, and data imports.
- Follow and improve software development processes (including Agile processes)
- Actively participate in team meetings and discussions
- Engage the business stakeholders directly (if and as appropriate)
- Deliver ServiceNow software solutions to complex requirements
- Work individually and in virtual teams
- Own and control in-scope development package scope and version
- Estimate ServiceNow development work packages
- Deliver ServiceNow development work packages on time and within budget
- Contribute to outcomes in a dynamic, customer focussed team
- Bachelor/Master in Information Technology/ Computer Science.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ITIL Foundations Certification - desired
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform in multiple medium to large enterprise environments
- 5+ years of experience with application development experience (SDLC, Agile Scrum, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience integrating ServiceNow with other systems such as Active Directory, Single Sign-On, Web Services, etc.
- Candidate must be organized and analytical adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project
- Schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills
- Solid understanding of web services (REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML), and HTTP Request Methods
- Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs, using UI Pages, UI Macro & CMS using CSS, HTML, Jelly - all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system
- Deep working knowledge of the technical implementation of various ServiceNow modules such as Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Catalogue, configuration Management, Reporting, LDAP, SSO, MID Server, Inbound/Outbound emails, and Discovery.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, and IP networks
- Understands technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Possess experience with new ServiceNow implementations/deployments
- Good understanding of layered architecture
- Good track record of delivering software applications
- Ability to work as an individual or as a part of a team (including virtual teams)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members
- A high degree of flexibility with respect to change
- Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Alternatively, if you would like more information on the role, please contact Kirti at Kirti.Sikarwar@modis.com
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.