The Service Manager Application Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Micro Focus Service Manager product. This includes ticket management, application health, and overall application support. The individual must have experience in managing and maintaining the Service Manager application with the ability to branch out into other application within the Micro Focus suite and integrated products via APIs
- Responsible for support, configuration and development of the Service Manager application includes modules:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Implementing, customizing and administering Service Manager Application.
- Designed and implemented java scripts, Connect-IT scenarios, web services to accommodate various user requirements and external integrations.
- Work with users, projects and operations teams to develop and implement enhancements to meet business requirements.
- Patch Application as required to maintain currency and security
- Introduce improvements by leveraging application technology improvements
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical implementation and operational management.
- Worked on Process Designer, Wizards, Display Options, Process, Triggers, RAD, SLA, SLO's, Clocks, Format Controls, Profiles and Roles for achieving user's requirements.
- Designed and implemented multiple web portals using Java Framework for various users according to the various business need.
- Designed and implemented utilities using Java technology to run in the background along with Micro Focus Service Manager, for catering the business needs effectively.
- Developed multiple Integration interfaces for Microfocus SM using Java technology and HPSM web services.
- Interacted and worked upon other HP tools like uCMDB, TeMIP, NNMi, SQM, uSLAM.
- Provided Remote Technical support to L1, L2 team and Operations team for any live issues.
- ITIL V3 knowledge
- Requirement capturing for implementation of Incident, Change, Problem Management
- Meet schedules ahead of time and meet all project deadlines. Regular appreciation from Users and Manager for effective and on time delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field, and/or equivalent work experience
- General level knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and technologies,
- Willing to learn and apply new technologies and methodologies to improve the technology that supports the services, i.e. API scripting and Micro Focus UCMDB
- Experience in application development or production support a plus
- Strong marketing and communications skills.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to lead technical discussions
- Solid understanding of technologies that support the services offered
- Ability to market the technologies supported by the team
- Develop strategies to achieve business objectives
- Firm analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Micro Focus Service Manager 9.x, Remedy or other enterprise-class tools
- Experience with ITSM framework and how to apply within Ticketing tools
Other Skills, Abilities, and Considerations:
- Strong understanding of ownership and what it means to take full ownership of designated responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with a team and work independently
- Willingness to work off-hours, as well as occasional on-call
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Great organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and proven troubleshooting methodology(is) to resolve complex system problems
- The desire for work/life balance and fun in the workplace
- Telecomm experience