One of our premium clients based in Melbourne VIC is looking for a highly experienced and committed Snr. Linux Engineer. This key position will be responsible for assessing solution designs, review application configurations, and advise project teams, working to the ISM and security best practice. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate and apply expertise and experience in modern Virtualisation and Linux based technologies; specifically:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) (RHEL6, RHEL7, Satellite 6 and Fedora) - including fundamental concepts of UNIX based operating systems;
- Linux based shell scripting and automation (for example, using Bash, Python, Perl, Puppet or Ansible);
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - including fundamental concepts of external cloud platforms and AWS services.
- A working knowledge of VMware vSphere and underlying virtualisation technology (such as hardware for hosts, network and storage).
- A detailed knowledge of applicable federal government ICT regulations and controls, for example, as specified by the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD).
- Ability to investigate problems, research new technologies and demonstrate sound judgement in evaluating and recommending the acquisition of new or improved software and hardware.
- An existing baseline security clearance or willingness to obtain one (Australian Citizenship required).
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Snr. Linux Engineer skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please APPLY here and contact Sejal on email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"