- Producing architectural documentation and leading engineering implementation for Secure SDLC, Secure Pipeline, and Security Remediation's for Applications, Updates to web content templates, Java Development Frameworks and Java Application Performance Tuning.
- Designing and implementing a responsive, highly scalable and "Always On" application architecture using Commercial off-the shelf applications and for custom containerised applications.
- Work with other IT Technology Architects within the AMP Program to ensure a cohesive, end to end solution is agreed. Providing SME input as required.
- Help guide the technology direction by recommending specific technologies to pursue
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class application solution capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Develop, test and implement application landscapes and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes
- Lead requirements workshops, document and or assist in documenting requirements, solution design options, present solution designs at various architectural governance forums and seek design approvals
Skills & Experience
- Experienced in highly scaled software engineering environments in a rich variety of domains designing, development, building and running production web-applications and web-sites
- Demonstrated 6+ years of J2EE Development experience and 6+ years in Application Architecture
- Experience with Content Management systems (Drupal, TeamSite) and proven experience in development of templates for content.
- Strong and proven experience in profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network etc.)
- Exposure to application solution design utilising modern architectures like micro-services, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures, advanced Java 1.8 or above features like Functional Programming with Lambda Expressions, Streams, Multi-Threading, Serialization, RMI, JDBC, Annotations etc.
- Experience designing and performance tuning large scale application deployments, JVM internals, databases and end-to-end response times
- Well-developed practical knowledge of Java Profilers, like VisualVM, NetBeans, and YourKit
- Desirable to have experience in a complex SOA architecture designing; with a focus on applications in Java/J2EE and related infrastructure components.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, Messaging Middleware, Service Oriented Architectures, Web Services, XML, Databases operating platforms, security and networking
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
- Experience solving performance and scale issues
- Desired experience in cloud migration of applications
- Familiarity with open source load testing tools such as Apache JMeter, httperf etc. and APM, infrastructure monitoring tools like SumoLogic, NewRelic and AppDynamics.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact MaryJane Pollock at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4453.