We are now seeking Scientific Computing Software Developer for our Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: Initial contract until June 2022 with 2X12 months possible extensions
Australian citizens with ability to obtain Baseline clearance are eligible to apply
- Design, implement and test scientific computing software in suitable languages such as Python and Fortran, in high performance Linux environments.
- Implement and improve scientific algorithms for data processing and modelling
- Apply software development best practices including continuous integration/delivery, refactoring, unit-testing, and automation.
- Prepare and update systems documentation, including user guides and developer manuals
- Degree and Qualification in software engineering, mathematics and physics or related field of science.
- Demonstrated experience with Python programming languages and packages. And experience with Fortran and C programming languages.
- proven ability to write systems documentation, such as design specifications, installation guides, and user manuals; write and present quality scientific reports and publications in collaboration with team members.
- Extensive experience in numerical analysis software; and in using High-Performance Computing environments, such as Linux clusters.
- Broad experience in modern software engineering best practices and demonstrated proficiency in using relevant productivity tools.
Nice to have skills:
- Awareness and experience in emerging technologies in digital science, such as cloud computing and machine learning
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.