Are you looking to join a large, highly skilled and successful Software Development Team that has a real Social Impact?
I am working with a large NSW Government Department to recruit a number of Software Development roles on a permanent basis. There are a number of roles available of varying levels of experience/seniority required. They will pay competitive salaries with some excellent employee benefits. My client is looking to on-board people into these roles ASAP.
These roles would mostly work from home with occasional visits to the office. Office locations include:
- Haymarket/Sydney CBD
The environment and role:
- My client use modern technologies and platforms (ex: Kotlin, React, etc.) and are leading the way with Lean Start-up, Agile Extreme Programming (XP), and User-Centered Design to ensure the customer is at the core of everything we do.
- You will work in a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary team, pair programming daily with other engineers and pairing with Product Managers and Designers as needed. Their small, focused teams consistently achieve great results by listening to customer needs and iteratively and continuously shipping products.
- As an engineer you will be involved in user research activities, prioritizing and planning as well as building the product.
- This will work across come very exciting and high profile projects in the market. You will be building digital solutions that have a real social impact.
- My client love building quality software for our customers which is why we are strictly following best engineering and DevOps practices and methodologies such as Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- My client is passionate about work/life balance, they offer a 9 day fortnight (24 additional days off a year) and a flexible working environment and a leadership team who appreciate the balancing act.
Expectations of suitable candidates:
- Have built quality applications in at least one programming language
- Build applications using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Build software iteratively and accelerate time to market
- Take ownership of challenges and take them to resolution
- Know how to communicate to unblock work across teams using Agile best practices
- Drive adoption and maintenance of best practices in your team
- Mentor junior team members using a growth mindset approach
- Support product managers and designers in driving smart implementation of high impact solutions to business and customer problem.
If successful, you will get the opportunity to:
- Pair every day to ship high quality code to users daily
- Be part of a cross-disciplinary, co-located team owning product and feature development end to end
- Learn to build it and run it: My client subscribe to a DevOps mindset, and you'll be operating and supporting code in production
- Experiment to push the envelope on efficient cross-discipline, cross-team collaboration
- Take part in user testing and help drive lean solutions to customer problems
If you are looking for your next permanent role and an opportunity to work with an experienced and dedicated team across some amazing projects, please apply NOW and you will be contacted for a further discussion. You can also reach me on 0429 604 968 or on megan.edwards.clicks.com.au to discuss these roles further.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Megan Edwards at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4444.
At Clicks we embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity.