To meet Modis' continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for a Software Development Lead to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. In this role you will be responsible for leading a software development team in the successful technical design and delivery of high-quality software.
- Product Delivery - The Tech Lead is responsible for working with the Product Owner to ensure the successful delivery of all products and features within their domains, including maintaining a visual representation of the domain's architecture.
- Cross-Team Technical Direction - The Tech Lead is responsible for understanding industry best practices and participating in the development of the technical direction for software development.
- Technical Vision - The Tech Lead is responsible for developing the long-term technical vision of all products within their domain and keeping their team aligned with the vision.
- Technical Practices - The Tech lead is responsible for ensuring their team adopt good technical practices; including, but not limited to:
- Code reviews
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Regular Delivery of Features
- Managing Incidents and Maintenance - The Tech Lead is responsible for ensuring that Incidents are dealt with in a timely manner, and for the management of maintenance work to ensure the ongoing quality of all products.
- Team Skills - The Tech Lead is responsible for the improvement of technical skills within their team, working with the Program Manager to identify skill shortfalls and training requirements, and coaching team members where needed.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong Communication Skills - The Tech Lead mentors and coaches their team in technical matters and collaborates with other teams and business stakeholders.
- Analysis and Planning: Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Problem Solving: Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile principles and values.
- 5-10 years of experience in enterprise software development as well as minimum 2 years leading teams.
- Telecommunication industry experience ideal
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat at email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"