One of our premium government clients based in Canberra/NSW or Victoria is looking for a highly experienced and committed Software Engineer
To build a platform to detect financial community risks by joining disparate and distributed data silos. The platform will require confidential computing technology to enable federated data analysis while maintaining controls over privacy and security of data
- A degree in Data Science or a related field (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science) or equivalent industry experience
- A track record in delivering data science solutions to improve business outcomes
- Excellent programming skills. Experience with one or more of the following: R, Python, Scala
- Good experience with cryptography and machine learning libraries
- Strong skills in data wrangling with complex datasets using parallel distributed databases (Parallel SQL, Spark)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and team work skills, and proven ability to be self-motivated
- A commitment to continual learning and skills development
Please note: candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a NV1 security clearance
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
How to apply
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.