To meet Modis's continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for an Enterprise Solution Architect to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. The role involves working across a number of projects in the Business Applications domain. Rather than delivering purely solution architecture, the role requires strategic thinking and thought leadership. A mix of solution architecture and enterprise architecture skills and a high degree of flexibility will be required.
- Production of high-level conceptual design (solution architecture)
- Alignment to Technology strategy
- Delivery of project artefacts and outcomes
Guidance and Strategy
- Technical consultancy to business and Technology stakeholders
- Advising and steering platform roadmaps and development to fulfil region technical requirements
- Initial assessment of opportunities generated through the Demand Management process
- Impact assessment of application rationalisation initiatives.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability in solution architecture, providing thought leadership and guidance, preferably in a Mining environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise application integration and application architecture.
- Ability to coach project teams and development teams in sound architecture practice.
- Assist with the management of technical inter-relationships between platform teams.
- Understanding of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and Archimate and architecture tools such as Alfabet, ARIS and iServer.
- Experience with cloud and on-premise hosting application implementation.
- Experience with Engineering Information Management systems such as ProjectWise or SmartPlant,
- Self-driven individual with the ability to handle large technically complex projects utilising time management and multi-tasking skills
- Works well under pressure without compromising the quality of work.
- Strong problem-solving ability: both business and technical level. Able to work collaboratively to resolution with diverse stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, open to new ideas and assists in defining the direction
- Effective communicator, with solid interpersonal and analytical decision making
- Able to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
- Ability to interpret data to understand key drivers for results and principal factors leading to the numbers and impact of a metric on other functions
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, and maintains effective performance under stressful and uncertain conditions
- Understanding of the mining domain and value chain.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Kerry Cooper on 08 9324 8418
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"