Modis is undertaking a digital transformation program with a government client to implement new processes and systems as the services are transformed from a primarily paper based processing capability to fully digital. The transformation encompasses all aspects delivery from requirements capture, service design, transition and support.
This role is for an Application / Solutions Architect working within the technical delivery team responsible for the systems integration of a custom designed cloud based platform and extensions to the platform for client specific requirements.
- Definition and delivery of technical designs and related artefacts
- Architecture guidance and governance to the development and integration teams in a multi-vendor environment
- Collaborative maintenance of EA principles and direction, capability models, data models, application models, technical models, localised technical standards and debt registers
- Performing and providing advice on feasibility studies for the decommission of legacy technologies, functionality, and system integration
- Contributing to delivery estimation across the SDLC
- Assistance in the root cause analysis of problems as required
- Contributing as part of a geographically disbursed team within Australia of functional and technical specialists.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in:
- Enterprise Architecture: Frameworks such as TOGAF
- Information Architecture: Complex regulation/legislation driven Domains
- Application Architecture: Modern application architectures including micro services architectures, cloud native applications, 12 factor app
- Infrastructure/Cloud Architectures: in particular AWS
- Core skills
- AWS (including EC2, S3, RDS, IAM)
- DevOps technologies (Chef or similar)
- Database (SQL and NoSQL)
- Flexibility and adaptability to ensure that the outcomes are achieved within the program timeframes.
- Ability to work in fast paced delivery environments utilising both waterfall and agile delivery practices.
- Knowledge of the conveyancing and surveying industries practices
- Experience in working with geographically distributed delivery teams
- Experience in software estimation models
- Experience in Spatial technologies
- Technology associated discipline certification
- 'Legacy' technology stacks including Delphi, C/C++, Oracle
- 10+ years of application design and development experience.
- 2+ years of working with cloud based deployments.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities, and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about the diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Simi Joseph on email@example.com or on 08 9324 8444.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below, you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements, and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds."