One of our premium government clients based in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed Solution Architect.
This is a long term contract for 12 month, with further extension options available.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Good experience in implementing machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms in practical applications
- Good experience with cryptographic and privacy concepts like privacy-preserving record linkage, homomorphic encryption, secure multi-party computations, and differential privacy
- Industry experience in development of big data analytics solutions using Scala and Apache Spark
- Industry experience working with data pipelines and relevant tools, for example Elasticsearch, Kafka, and industry-standard ETL / ELT tools
- Industry experience in data engineering with distributed relational databases (e.g. Greenplum, Teradata
- Industry experience in implementing software engineering practices (version control, continuous testing, design patterns)
- Exposure to container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and team work skills, and proven ability to be self-motivated
- A commitment to continual learning and skills development
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Please note: Only Australian Citizens with a valid NV1 clearance will be considered for this role.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.