About the role:
Our client is running a transformation program and have multiple projects on the go, to drive security, modernisation and automation.
They are seeking Solution Architects with strong understanding of ICT architecture in government, and a background in solution architecture in large and complex projects is essential. The Solution Architect is responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in architecture development methods, systems analysis and design.
This role will work closely with other solution architects across program work packages, program architects, business analysts, procurement specialists, the Digital, Technology and Communications branch (DTC), IT Security and vendors to shape and inform the direction of ICT modernisation activities. As such, strong communication and stakeholder engagement and management skills are essential.
The Solution Architect reports to the Program Architect and will be required to integrate with a cross-functional program team, who have an innovative, enjoyable and productive culture.
Key position responsibilities
- Direct and govern the design of solution architectures to deliver specific Project outcomes
- Review solution architectures prepared by the Systems Integrators and Solution Providers
- Ensure solution architectures are fit for purpose and meet the business requirements
- Ensure solution architectures are aligned with the Program Design Standards, other Project's solution architectures.
- The development and/or review of technical documentation to support procurement, including participation in procurement evaluation activities.
- Specifying key solution components and platforms, giving consideration to functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Tailor the Open Group Architecture Forum (TOGAF) framework, methodologies, principles and techniques to facilitate architecture development within the Program.
- Operate and configure the Architecture Repository and manage the architectural artefacts and deliverables stored within it.
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Provide analysis and judgement on complex issues and make significant contribution to the management, preparation and coordination of Program deliverables.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated Experience working as a Solutions Architect inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs
- Expert knowledge and experience in defining solution architecture for both current and future state, including:
- Infrastructure Mapping
- Data Management
- Integration Mapping
- Proven ability to deliver solution architecture that meets business requirements and aligns with organisational constraints.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman)
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Richa Agarwal at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7722.