One of our premium government clients based in Canberra is looking for a highly experienced and committed Solutions Engineer with strong attention to detail and highly developed interpersonal skills. Candidates must have a proven record of accomplishment in the area of applications development and will be required to provision, support and design business applications for .Net, CRM and cloud based solutions.
- Assisting in the design and development of enterprise strength development practises
- Assisting in the design and development of fit for purpose business capability with a focus on cloud technology
- Plan, oversee and participate in technology platform upgrades
- Work with Architects, Developers, Business Analysts, Business stakeholders and vendors to ensure proposed technical solutions meet business needs, broader departmental requirements (eg security, resiliency), and comply with whole of government requirements
- Provide sound advice and business solutions to facilitate the successful delivery of business applications, including but not limited to infrastructure, operating systems, network connectivity matters and web platform management
- Identify and evaluate the viability of new and existing products for change and transformation activities
- Provide guidance to other technical resources to ensure development best practises are followed
- Excellent communication, negotiation and liaison skills
- Demonstrated experience writing Power Shell scripts to automate deployment and other system administration and management tasks
- Demonstrated experience in application development from both client-side and server-side development
- Experience with Microsoft TFS, Azure DevOps or similar platform for code source control, bug tracking and task assignment
- Experience in Agile project methodology in the implementation of business applications
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
How to apply
Please note: Only Australian Citizens with a valid NV1 or NV2 clearance will be considered for this role.
Alternatively, if you would like more information on the role, please contact Daniel on 02 6103 1805 or via email on Daniel.Nguyen@modis.com
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.