We are looking for Solutions Engineer for a large Federal Government client in Canberra.
Duration: 12 months with 2 X 12 month extensions
Australian citizens with minimum NV1 clearance are eligible to apply
The Department is adopting a hybrid cloud environment, comprising a mix of service providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce and other enterprise on-premises services.
The role is broad, requiring the successful candidate to exhibit a range of skills and experience supporting modern, large and complex federal government departments - both cloud and on premises focused.
- The development and implementation of client's hybrid cloud and on-premises platforms
- Technical assurance services for project and operations engineering teams
- Development of design and operational documentation
- Attendance of daily scrums and manage work items assigned using Microsoft DevOps and the Agile methodology
- Ensure cloud solutions align to better practice and whole of government cyber security overlay and compliance with the Essential 8.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing on-premises and 'as a service' capabilities
- Experience and skills across a broad range of ICT systems and environments, including mobility platforms
- Understanding and experience in the application of Systems Engineering methodologies for complex ICT system development
- Ability to provide engineering guidance and leadership within one or more technology domains.
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge and experience in delivering 'as a service' capabilities using AWS, Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Azure technologies.
- An understanding of virtualisation technologies -Nutanix and VMware-based virtualisation platforms
- The DevOps methodology as it relates to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies and scrum
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.