To meet Modis' continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for an experienced Java Developer with Geographical Information System (GIS) experience to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. In this role,you will focus on custom GIS related applications, allowing users to navigate, view, analyse and manage a wide variety of spatial information in an interactive and intuitive web-based mapping interface . The person requires thorough knowledge in the use of GIS software to include ArcDesktop, ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, etc.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate confidence and full understanding of geo spatial technology and experience with the Arc Objects.
- Java WildFly or general JBOSS experience
- Good understanding of Java design patterns
- RESTful Web Service Design and Implementation
- Mercurial, Gradle or other knowledge of source control
- Postgres/Oracle Databases and SQL experience
- Experience working with ArcGIS or similar spatial platform.
- AWS (Cloud Formation, EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, S3)
- Micro Services
- Angular JS, HTML CSS Bootstrap, UI Design, Dojo
- Experience working in a DevOps environment (networking, system administration, environment scripting)
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Development environment
- Experience with SOAP/XML, Python, HTML, CSS, PowerShell
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities, and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about the diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Simi Joseph on 0893248444.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below, you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements, and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds."