One of our premium clients based in Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed Database Architect. This key position will be responsible for maintaining end client databased by determining structural requirements; developing and installing solutions. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Developdatabase solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
Skills & Experience
- Hands-on specialist experience in MongoDB and NoSQL is essential
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- Melbourne based but travel is expected
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Database Architect skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat on 0407 116 523.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"