One of our premium clients based in Darwin is looking for a highly experienced and committed System Administrator. This key position will be responsible to provide system administrator knowledge to implement solutions for business application server environments and internal infrastructure. The primary platform will be Microsoft Windows server (Server 2008, Server 2012 and Server 2016), with knowledge in the VMware vSphere environment and Vrealize automation. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Perform system administration and provide technical input for the support of midrange server technology stack focussing on Windows Server technologies (Windows Server 2008, 2012 and Server 2016). Proven experience in administering enterprise VMware deployments and Vrealize Automation with a skill base in Commvault Simpana (backup and recovery) and Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) storage.
- Administration experience with Active Directory, IIS Installation, configuration and web application deployment as well as skills in complementary Microsoft products including SQL Server and SharePoint.
- Experience in RedHat administration, basic configuration/management of F5 BIG IP devices, scripting and report generation an advantage.
- Ability to work within a team environment, using an ITIL methodology, with a job allocation system. Be able to diagnose and resolve complex issues as they arise. The possibility of being placed on an on-call roster.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise and schedule one's own work and provide regular updates to any outstanding job tickets.
- Develop work instructions and other documentation as required.
- Provide administration advice and feedback to customers with regards to the standard day to day management of customer applications, including capacity planning and customer requested ad-hoc reporting.
- Ensure that the security of corporate data and applications is maintained and monitored on behalf of client agencies.
- By request, provide input in to project proposals and business cases.
- Microsoft certification in Windows Server technologies an advantage
- VMWare certification an advantage
- Working experience and understanding in allocating storage of a Storage Area Network
- Experience in a midrange application hosting environment would be advantageous.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong System Administration skill set to this organization.
For more information on the role, please contact Payal Seth - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"