Exciting DW solutions project
Technical Business Analyst required to be part of an implementation of a data warehousing solution.
- Gather Business Requirements and acceptance criteria
- Conduct Data Discovery activities on the Data Warehouse, Data Marts and Reports to analyse data and determine if it is 'fit for purpose' in accordance with Business requirements.
- Document technical requirements, Training Material, As-is/To-be processes (dataflow diagrams, flowcharts), Test cases.
- Document and maintain source to target mappings at both table and column level of detail.
- Create and/or update the Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure requirements are managed throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Maintain/Manage Business Requirements and Technical specification documents and follow change management procedures.
- Undertaking system testing
- Provide post implementation support
- Facilitate workshops, assessing and documenting options
- Ensure business requirements are clearly identified and understood so that the most effective and efficient solutions can be derived.
- Ensure all Technical Business Analyst deliverables are peer reviewed to assure and improve quality.
- Support testing in confirming the validity and testing of the requirements (that is, confirm that the requirements meet the business needs from both a functional and non-functional perspective).
- Ensure that stakeholders are kept updated on the status of requirements and the scope of the deliverables.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts (ETL, Staging/Target Area, OLAP, Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts etc.)
- Recent Five (5) years' experience working as a Technical Business Analyst in a project environment
- Minimum Two (2) years' Experience working in complex projects
- Minimum Three (3) years' experience working as a Technical Business Analyst in a Data Warehouse environment
- Strong technical background - recent Three (3) years' hands-on experience using SQL or other Data query/profiling tools
- Experience working closely with Business stakeholders
- Ability to liaise with high level business and technical stakeholders
- Good Understanding of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Reporting applications, interfaces and integrated operational environments
- End to end experience of software development lifecycle
- High Level Database SQL experience and the ability to query Database systems
- Loves data - data analysis, data Profiling, Source to Target Mapping, interpreting and turning that into information
- Utilises SQL and Data Query tools - running analysis against databases and tracking down anomalies, identifying patterns
- Good design and decision making capability - must think in terms of options, pros and cons, recommendations
Hit "APPLY" to send your CV through. Alternatively, send your CV to Ellenor.email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong skill set to this organisation.