We are looking for a Technical Support Officer for our Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: Immediate start until June 2021 with possible extensions.
Citizenship requirements: Australian Citizen with current Baseline Clearance or the ability to obtain one
The Technical Support Officer provides admin support to the IT Section in Audio/Video Conferencing systems, IT Assets, and Service management systems. This is a widely diverse role that provides support and assistance on other functions such as documentation, administration, IT procurement, liaising with vendors and suppliers, managing the IT Storeroom and equipment, and other duties such as rehousing of paper files and printer maintenances.
- Perform day-to-day support and maintenance on the IT Service Management Tool [Cherwell and Service now].
- Responsible for configuring the system to meet evolving organisational needs and developing user training plans.
- Provide general support, administration, and maintenance of the ITSM tool and associated applications.
- Record, audit, and maintain accurate information on hardware assets
- Assist in improving the client's hardware asset management policy and process wherever required
- Manage and report on inventory stock levels such as consumables and other IT related items.
- Support corporate video conferencing solutions and infrastructure [Cisco, Zoom, PEXIP, Logitech, Poly Studio series, and Microsoft Teams].
- Identify operational pain points, eliminate manual processes, and introduce automation.
- Coordinates, conducts secure disposal, and sanitisation of media such as HDDs, USB drives, CD/DVD, etc.
- Undertaking reasonable manual handling tasks and movement of a range of items including but not limited to: mail items, computer equipment, [physical] files, documents, and archive boxes.
- Review, clarify, and resolve service desk issues, creation and support of user accounts, email, telephone records, and provide systems access, assist in deployment of corporate Standard Operating Environment [SOE] by rebuilding PCs and laptops.
- Strong understanding and experience in implementation, integration, and configuration of ITSM and IT Asset Management solutions (Cherwell, SNOW, and Service Now)
- Strong working knowledge and experience in configuration and management of AV conference solutions (CISCO, Poly, Zoom and MS Teams)
- Practical understanding of IT Service, Asset Management, AV Conference technologies, and the ITIL framework (v3 & v4)
- Practical knowledge in IT governance and management in Government agencies including ACSC and ASD Cyber-security frameworks
- Must be able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
- Proven customer service, a team-player with high interpersonal communication skills, ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organisation and prioritisation skills, with attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Punctual, reliable with a proven ability to work well with others, and an appreciation for unified team culture.
- Writing skills, with a proven ability to develop and maintain instructional and procedural documentation.
- An active interest or demonstrated experience in Information Technology, either through experience or education.
- Experience in conducting end-user trainings and presentations
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.