Techncial Writer | Initial 3 months contract The role | North-West Melbourne
I am currently recruiting for a technical writer to plan, develop, organise, write and edit company procedures and manuals. Also to work alongside the stakeholders to translate business requirements in technical documentation.
- Gather business requirements and document both functional and technical details through consultation with stakeholders
- Create user manuals, end user documentation to be used by applications users
- Responsible for writing technical user documentation such as operations and maintenance manuals, service guides, configuration documentation, and product specifications
- Develop appropriate documentation based on end user requirements
- Work with operations team to documentation product requirements
- Write technical user guides and training documentation for each individual product
Experience and Skills
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in IT/Computer Science or Industry equivalent
- 3+ years in previous experience in technical writing of software and hardware documentation
- Proven knowledge and ability to grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Must be familiar with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is a MUST have
- Extensive knowledge and experience using MS Suite- Excel, Word and Outlook is an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate considerable attention to detail and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work confidentially, with tact and discretion
- Previous exposure to Automation technologies or Manufacturing Industry will be highly regarded
- Proven experience working in an Agile delivery environment is an advantage
If you are keen to apply please complete your application using the "Apply Now" tab. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to call Rowena on 0430 355 131 quoting Ref # 62795.