Clicks are currently seeking a Technical Writer for a great contract opportunity with a federal government department.
- Produce new and update existing technical and general documentation for software applications and processes.
- Be a technical subject matter expert in order to determine the documentation content.
- Produce documentation in multiple formats.
- Write documentation targeted at multiple audiences, i.e. support staff, developers, clients, business, stakeholders, consultants and for public distribution (online).
- Strong technical writing specifically in the creation of feature/functional and integration specifications with the ability to prepare written work.
- Translate highly technical information for non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure the literature is complete and accurate, as well as relevant, objective, robust, concise, in direct language, and consistent with other documentation and with the organisation's brand image.
- Maintain the full software development lifecycle.
- Maintain externally relevant and internally functional documentation control.
- Experience documenting software development applications and technical writing independently.
Key Areas of Experience
- Advanced communication, collaboration and consultation skills to extract knowledge, guide discussion and facilitate effective collaborative outcomes with the project team.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with technical writing in an Agile software development environment and on complex software products, and high level analysis skills.
- Exceptional writing skills for the development of high quality technical software product documentation.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate to easily understandable formats including text and diagrams.
Please Note: An NV1 security clearance is required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on (02) 6202 7716 quoting reference RA63874.