The department is developing an online portal to provide a web hosted tool to conduct business or research regarding the legislated requirements for the department to provide transparency of specific groups. This is a significant structural change as the department is moving away from manually receiving, processing and distributing the information.
We are seeking to engage a Technical Writer to support this extensive program of work.
Purpose of the Role
This work is critical to the overall success of the program and will support and influence key outcomes for the Australian Government.
Success for this role will rely on the individual's ability to deliver in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, be a good cultural fit and an ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Identify what the internal & external stakeholders need to know and do differently in order to implement the required changes in how they conduct business with the department.
- Research, write, edit and proofread technical data.
- Create, maintain and update user guides, training manuals, procedures and other documents.
- Follow style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations per department policy.
- Commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
- Work with the communications team, the national training and education unit and the technical writers to develop the necessary products and tools to ensure the changes are implemented effectively.
- Identify risks, benefits and measures to ensure realisation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.