The Telecommunications Rigger plans and executes technical tasks according to given tasks, along with existing processes and instructions. You will work with the responsibility of responding to customer problems directly or through internal customer interface and solves technical problems.
Responsibilities - include but not limited to are:
- Examine objects to be moved, estimate their size, shape and weight and decide on the type of equipment necessary to move them
- Erect a temporary jib or derrick (lifting devices) if required, and install cables, pulleys and other tackle
- Choose or make slinging equipment and attach it to the load
- If needed erect cranes and mobile crane booms, and increase the height of tower cranes by bolting component parts in place and rigging cables.
- Erect Antenna System for telecom network on steel structures (lattice towers, monopoles), buildings or plants
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment
- Ensure that WHS safety requirements are met at all times.
To be successful in the role you must be:
- Familiar with installation standards or have strong Rigging background in telecommunications (or will consider
construction riggers with steel fixing)
- Sweep Testing and grounding experience (preferred)
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of auditing practices
- Demonstrable skills in fault analysis/diagnosis and corrective actions to satisfactory conclusion
- Demonstrate and maintain a level of physical & medical capability
- Capable/willing to climb and work on towers (up to and above 100 metres
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices
- Experience with fault finding RTWP/MIMO/VSR issues an advantage
- 3+ years experience in 2G and 3G or 4G mobile network rollouts, projects in Australia.
- Operations experience advantage.
- Essential Certificates required include, Working at Heights, Intermediate to Advanced Rigger, Dogman
- Certificates preferable: Tower Rescue, Senior First Aid and Construction Industry Induction.
- BA certification an advantage
- White Card
- Familiar with WHS requirements and process for high risk activities
- MUST be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen
- MUST have Australian experience
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW !!
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Alternatively, if you would like more information on the role, please contact Ankit in our Sydney offices on 02 8028 3155 / Ankit.Sharma@modis.com
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.