We are looking for User Researchers for a Federal government client in Canberra and Sydney
Duration: 3 months with extensions
As a User Researcher, you are responsible for helping your team develop a deep understanding of your service's users, their behaviours and their needs. You will take the lead on planning and carrying out a wide variety of user research activities in line with the client's Service Design and Delivery process.
You will do research with a wide range of people in order to ensure an inclusive approach to service and interaction design, and to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use. You are responsible for communicating findings back to the whole team and creating actionable insights to guide design.
Key duties and capabilities
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to ensure the identification and prioritisation of the work that benefits users.
- Plan and conduct a range of research including contextual enquiry, usability testing, depth interviews, diary studies and other research techniques as relevant
- Provide actionable insights to your team to help enable the design of successful, user focused services
- Create design hypotheses to improve the service and work with your team to run design experiments
- Identify user needs and ensure that your team understands them and keeps user at front of mind when making product and prioritisation decisions
- Have previous experience in agile and work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to articulate clear and actionable insights and recommendations, and in multiple ways (such as service maps, customer journeys etc)
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.