This higher education company is currently seeking an experienced Migration Engineer to provide technical capabilities within the VMware, Windows and Linux technology space, and to facilitate the migration of virtual servers into the new enterprise private cloud environment. There are 2000 virtual machines to be migrated to a new network.
- Execution of VMware, Windows and Linux system administration tasks
- Execution of server migration tasks to migrate infrastructure to the new SDDC VMware virtualisation environment
- Assessing, understanding, documenting and communicating the impact of migration changes
- Migration of instances between environments including storage, virtual network and firewall configuration as required to meet new standards
- Execution of functional verification of the migrated virtual instances with validation from application and business units as required
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi, vCenter, NSX and vRealize Network Insight
- Experience in the support of Windows and Linux servers
- Virtual to Virtual and Physical to Virtual server migrations either on premises or to public/private clouds
- Working knowledge of server and virtual networking
- Automation and scripting software including Ansible, Terraform and PowerShell (nice to have)
- Skilled in troubleshooting virtual servers and network firewall rules
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Mariah McCrorey at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4803.