We are now seeking IT Windows Server Engineer for our large Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: Till July 2021 with 3 X6 months extension
Your main goal will be to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the Development, Test and Production environments hosted on Windows platforms and to achieve a high level of end user satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical issues, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
- Support the Windows Server platform (Windows Server 2008R2 onwards) to provide application project teams, BAU and incident support on a variety of Cloud platforms including:
o Complex incident and problem resolution
o System upgrades, patching and installations
o System security
o Design input
- Create advanced automation scripts to perform various administration tasks on the Windows platform.
- Build and maintain Windows SOE's over multiple cloud providers including hardening the SOE to meet the client's ISM standards.
- Participate in managing WSUS as a stand-alone product (i.e. no SCCM) to perform Windows OS patching and reporting.
- Provide advance administration of the Windows operating stack and 3rd party management tools.Write operational, architectural and user documentation.
- Assist with the third level support team to provide Windows technology support.
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership to team members including developing, coaching and mentorship of junior or less experienced staff.
- Assess and comment on Architectural and Design documentation as required for new systems proposing to use Windows platforms.
- Work in agile team environment to deploy and troubleshoot infrastructure in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements.
- Extensive hands-on experience in administering and troubleshooting Windows platforms in a large and complex environment.
- Extensive Windows automation scripting experience using:
o PowerShell - essential
o .Net - desirable
o VBS - desirable
- Hands-on experience in developing a Windows SOE including design, build and maintenance as well as OS level hardening.
- Extensive knowledge of using WSUS to:
o Automate patching across a large fleet of Windows servers.
o Provide reporting on the status of the patch cycle.
o Have experience configuring and troubleshooting WSUS post deployment
- Excellent Network troubleshooting skills with native and 3rd party Microsoft toolsets.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory to:
o Design, implement and support a complex environment using both Windows and Linux clients
o Manage the AD environment using advanced group policy management.
- Windows roles and features support.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.